Pages

Translate

Monday, November 12, 2018

November 11, 2018

On the day in which on which we honor those who serve our country, I had one of my most important patrols.  Earlier in the day, I was having knee pain which was lasting for the past weeks.  Thru all the aids, it couldn't go away.  While I was at a restaurant watching the Patriots game, in which I was wondering which one was more painful, the pain was getting worse (I guess that was the answer).  Someone noticed & asked if I was okay.  Try holding a brave face with a bad knee is worthy of an Oscar I think or at least the world's bravest soldier.  The waitress told me that she dealt with knee pain.  I knew this waitress, & her optimism & hard work inspired me to fight.  And as well I remembered, the brave soldiers who fight for our country time after time, & thru the toll still defend our country with honor, the cheerleaders, from Pop Warner, High School, College, Pro; one sports more get injured.  And thru the branches, bandages, & ACL, they still cheer.  If all of them can, then I sure damn well I can, & no bad knee can ever stop me!  So afterward, I managed to get a brace to work with.  I brought the cane I used previously in my patrols.
I did South Boston as a testing mark.  Other areas would be a lot harder, whether in travel or situation, Southie is middle ground.  Since this would be done again next week, if possible, I would try new ground I normally wouldn't try.  And with a cold weather & the knee I had to play conservative.  Which meant a shorter patrol.  But quality always beat quantity.  So I tried new areas.  I kept going on my original path but instead, I went straight.  I was going to keep going, but it looked residential, something I wouldn't take a chance on fearing scrutiny from the neighbors.  So I turned back.  But to be smart I actually covered side streets, & boy were there many.  It gave me new ideas to work with that I'll look at in the future.
I would tell you it was pretty quiet, not many people for a Sunday night.  I believed there was Sunday Night Football, a good one.  The Eagles playing the Cowboys.  But let's face it, do you want to see a team that beat us in the Super Bowl playing?  Not many people would, especially if they have work tomorrow.  So not many people, which always was a danger sign to me of what might happen & worry that you will be in a situation where you will rest on your laurels.  The only this that was interesting is when at the corner of West Third & A Streets, that there was a man changing his black jacket, showing his white shirt.  Odd, but the shirt looked more like a chef's jacket & there were restaurants, pubs, bars, & taverns around the area (Of course!  It's Southie!). So I let it go at that.  I hope it wasn't a danger sign.
As I head, I promised myself I'd go to the doctor about the knee.  But before I do, I hope that waitress looks at this blog.  I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart.  With her determination, she determined to be a better hero.  She was a cheerleader & a hero to me.  So from the bottom of my heart, thank you.  You made Boston a little more safer tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment