Pages

Translate

Sunday, December 23, 2018

December 22, 2018

What is probably the start of a Christmas run full of patrols, something I haven't been doing in a while.  It started rather decently.  Getting to know different areas are always helpful & this was the first time I ever went to different areas.  One of the first good deeds came, when I spotted a homeless man.  I remembered my past mistakes & brought some cereal bars with me.  The man thanked me, & we became good friends.  A funny thing happened to me thou when I crossed to the West End.  There were three guys hanging around in the cold December weather (depending on how you look at it) & they were amazed to see me.  They were like a child meeting a celebrity or their biggest hero.  They asked me questions,  thanked me up & down.  They introduced me to people who were walking around the street, even stopping a car to tell them I am here.  It was a big thrill but I was nervous as hell.  They said they wanted me on their podcast (Guys, if you're reading this I am holding you up to it).  It felt good as I walked.  But there were times it was humbling.  One placed I passed there was a woman who looked sickly.  I was going to give her a cereal bar, but she said she needed something to drink.  I asked if there is anything I could do, call for hell, ask for a friend or family member to pick her up, but she said there was nobody.  All she could do at that moment was try to vomit.  I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do.  One of the most humbling things about this is for all the powers you can have, they are times you can't help that person.  And the last thing you want to do is make it worse.  Although, one person asked if I had weed or another asking if I had a beer, both awkward.  Speaking of which, there was a blind homeless man trying to cross a street.  A good samaritian was trying to help, but I figured she had more trouble get thru with the traffic & I noticed he was moving slowly.  I ran over trying to help.  One thing the man asked do you have any money, & here is where thing get stupid.  I said, "I have a cereal bar."  Now this is a blind man in the middle of traffic.  He pushed me off & yelled don't touch me.  I noticed he was still in the middle of traffic & I tried to get him to safety but he would have none of it.  Thank God, another Good Samaritan came to help get him to safety.  I felt like crap, but the samaritan actually thanked me, & said I was a good hero,  However I didn't feel like I really did any good.  I damaged to get to Chinatown for the first time, & I can tell you it was amazing.  I was almost at the area where the Combat Zone used to be.  Which shows how amazing it felt.  I managed to get to a new section of Boston, close to South Station.  But I was careful not to get into he area, or it would be big trouble.  I helped some homeless guys, as well I passed a closed diner, which there was a throne for Santa Claus.  I was tempted to sit on that throne, but I didn't.  I figured it would be sacrilege.  However as I went on my second lap, there were a lot of good deeds done.  For one thing, I actually passed by a car that was stuck over near a sausage stand near the Black Rose.  I knew if it kept moving it would more problems.  So I told the guy that I would put my foot on the cone so the car would go in reverse to make the car freed form the cone.  It worked, but the sausage stand told the driver it couldn't park there, it belonged to someone else.  Stayed to make sure everything was alright.  Afterwards, I passed an area near Haymarket, in which I did about three times, & heard some yelling.  Whenever you hear yelling & a racial slur, you know the feces is going to hit the fan.  I checked if everything was okay.  But I found out they were talking about an old Disney show, "Lizzy Maguire."  I always knew today's kids shows were getting worse & it started in the 90s.  Our future generations ladies & gentlemen.  I left, telling them to be careful, & they said likewise.  I will tell you a funny thing that happened.  As I passed the clubs, one bouncer actually nodded towards me, while two at the other laughed as if they heard a real dirty joke.  The irony of life.  I actually went to a 24 hour Dunkin Donuts, a lifesaver for any real life super hero, night club patrons, & public servants.  The service was great but for small iced coffee, thank God I have DD Perks.  I also helped move some boxes on a one way side street.  A driver spotted me, & I told them the reason.  He thanked me & that helped.  This was the most active patrol I ever had in a while.  I felt like I did a lot of good, with things to learn, & people noticing me more.  I look for to the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment